Monday, July 4, 2011

Appointments....

As you can probably tell Michael did some work on getting the blog going and it took him a few days to post what I wrote on Thursday of last week. Our appointments were on Friday and they included; the Westin, La Mansion, The Marriott riverwalk, The Hyatt Regency and the J.W. Marriott. Mom and I started early, our first appointment was at 8:30, at the Westin and we were on the go all day after that.
My only complaint for the day was that the woman at the Marriott Riverwalk treated us like we were the Clampetts. She obviously thought we had no business being there and wasn't very subtle with her snide comments about money. Its unfortunate since they were my first choice when I started planning.
I tried to explain to every person we talked to that my vision for the wedding is "classy Texas". My colors are purple and green and I want the feel to be unpretentious while still being elegant. The theme really came about because I felt like we needed to acknowledge the wedding's location and make the decor fit the surroundings, and the hotel I chose could not be more perfect for this.
I fell in love with La Mansion the second we walked in. The historic building, decor and friendly staff had me jumping up and down with excitement and when Jessica (wedding coordinator) showed me the courtyard where we would have the ceremony I was completely blown away. They can do everything from the rehearsal dinner to the reception and we are in the process of negotiating a group rate for our guests. It is going to be beautiful!!
I like the idea of having the wedding on the riverwalk since about 80% of our guests will be coming from out of town. There are endless things to do within walking distance (including the Alamo) and a ton of restaurants for EVERY taste.
Mom and I are planning on going to sign a contract tomorrow morning and then we are off to the wedding dress shops this weekend.

Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment